January 3rd, 2011
God’s work done in God’s way will never lack God’s supplies.
Have you ever taken a small, even hesitant, step forward only to find that the step was much broader than you would ever have dreamed? At Touching Lives we are finding ourselves in that position almost daily!
Our recent fund and awareness raising events were a blessing. While we were all treated to delicious Kenyan food and wonderful fellowship, the deepest blessing of the evenings was to hear Touching Lives Kenya board member, Dr. Tobias Otieno, share his heart for the people of Nyanza Province, Kenya and Sanjweru Medical Center!
The arrangements for the upcoming medical mission and the ground breaking for the hospital are coming together beyond what we could ask or even imagine. During the mission we will be doing a 5 day free medical camp, daily children’s ministry, HIV/AIDS educational programs in the high schools, and researching opportunities to provide clean water for the surrounding villages.
You can support the mission and mission team by praying that:
- God will provide wisdom as we make the final preparations
- God will protect the team and family members of the team at home during the mission
- The many medical supplies needed to meet the physical needs of the people will be provided
- God alone will be glorified in all we do
You can support the mission materially by:
- Visiting our Donate page on the website
- If you live in the Delaware Valley, contact us at tlministry@verizon to donate:
- Vitamins, especially children’s (no gummy type please, they don’t do heat well!)
- Dollar store reading glasses
- Over-the-counter analgesics – Tylenol, Ibuprofen, etc.
- Ointments: Triple antibiotic, analgesic, etc.
- Wound dressings: gauze, tape, band-aids, etc.
- Children’s items: jump ropes, girls’ hair items, pens, pencils, toy cars, etc.
We are so grateful for your partnership with Touching Lives. You are a blessing on both sides of the globe!
So, affectionately longing for you, we were well pleased to impart to you not only the gospel of God, but also our own lives, because you had become dear to us.
I Thessalonians 2: 8