According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary the definition of the word leadership is:
1) the office or position of a leader 2) capacity to lead 3) the act or an instance of leading.
While this definition appears to be quite academic and leaves little to no room for argument, there are volumes that have been written on what qualities and behaviors constitute an effective leader. A.W. Tozer said that, “A true and safe leader is likely to be one who has no desire to lead, but is forced into a position of leadership by the inward pressure of the Holy Spirit and the press of the external situation.”
It is the prayer and desire of the Touching Lives leadership team to faithfully follow the “inward pressure of the Holy Spirit” as we serve those to whom God has called us. Touching Lives is blessed to have a leadership team who are passionately devoted to this calling. Together we echo and pray the words of Paul in I Corinthians 11:1 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.
- Kathleen (Kathi) Evans Co-Founder, CEO, RNS, BSN
- Mark Evans, Co-Founder
- Debbie Reynolds, Treasurer
- Pamela Harris-Haman CRNP, NNP-BC, Secretary
- Barry Darocha D.M.D., M.A.G.D. F.I.C.O.I., Dental Director
- Edward Ward, Board Member, Mortuary Services Advisor
- Thomas Winkler, MEd, OTR/L, TLM Audio-Visual Specialist
“We must be silent before we can listen.
We must listen before we can learn.
We must learn before we can prepare.
We must prepare before we can serve.
We must serve before we can lead.”
–William Arthur Ward