Mission Teams to Kenya
Each year Touching Lives Ministry does a two week medical/children’s ministry mission trip to southwestern Kenya on the shores of Lake Victoria. The mission is the last week of July – the first week of August.
UPCOMING MEDICAL MISSIONS:
July 31 – August 16, 2023 (Click to JOIN US)
What to Expect
A large part of the Touching Lives domestic vision is to “prepare, equip, and send” short term mission teams. There a several components to the preparation phase of the team development.
- Monthly team meetings leading up to the team departure
- Internet mission updates via e-mail and Face Book
- Mission team fundraisers
- Sharing information and pictures from past missions on the website
(Photos right: Team “packing day” here in the United States, Rosa Mystica Guest House in Nairobi)
» Click to read more about our Team Accommodations.
If you are interested in participating in or supporting someone on a short term mission, we invite you to take a closer look at the various components for our missions…and get ready to go!
Mission Team Meetings
The monthly mission team meetings include information on:
- Team members preparing for missions physically – immunizations, preparing for the climate, prophylaxis for Malaria, sunscreens and insecticides, preparing for the climate, food and water, and more
- Obtaining passports and visas
- Travel and at home contact information, including a mission calendar and itinerary
- Accommodations while on the field
- The culture – dress, food, currency, simple words and phrases in the native tongue, forms of worship, and more
- Spiritual preparation
- Preparation for children’s, men’s, and women’s ministry
- What a medical camp “looks” like and the various roles of team members during the camp
- Preparing to return home after the mission
UPCOMING TEAM MEETINGS: